About the company
As (Senior) Embedded Software Engineer, you will work on the Embedded Software for future car models of the company's customers . Together with colleagues, you form an international team and work on the complete software
lifecycle: requirements, design, implementation and testing of the software. Your role is to work on a software platform that will be the interface of the roof system with the vehicle. The software platform needs to fulfill both
the companie and customer requirements and comply with the demanding automotive quality standards and Processes.
The main tasks and responsibilities
- Create software architectures and support with creating detailed designs;
- Have the ambition to lead and grow a software team;
- Document the software including presentations for both internal and external use;
- Support the team with improving the development environment by selecting tools, writing processes, performing reviews and creating plans;
- Write and maintain requirements and test cases;
- Analyze the available options for make or buy decisions;
- Use a Model Based development approach with Simulink and automatically generate the code;
- Program or integrate reusable components in C: low level drivers, protocol stacks, diagnostics, bootloader.
What do we expect from you?
- You have a (software / electronics) degree on an MSc or BSc level.
- Experienced Engineer with 5-10 year (international) experience in automotive software development (OEM / First Tier Supplier).
- Experience with (automotive) software architectures like Autosar and architecture tools.
- Experience with C and and Matlab Simulink.
- Knowledge of automotive software standards and processes like Automotive SPICE and ISO 26262, protocols like CAN, UDS and tools like Vector and Mathworks (Simulink).
- Knowledge of software verification tools like Polyspace or QAC and automating test and daily builds.
- Experience with leading a team and/or a project.
- As a professional you have a service/customer oriented approach with good analytical and organizational skills. In your work you focus on results and you are able to manage your planning and set priorities.
- As the automotive industry is focused on Quality you are as well. Therefore you bring good problem solving skills with a pragmatic and pro-active approach.
- It is important to have good communication skills in English and preferably Dutch and German.
- Willing to occasionally travel to other company locations like North America and China.
What can you expect from us?
- Attractive working conditions and self-development opportunities.
- Short procedures, fast decision making and open communication structures.
- Friendly and informal atmosphere.
- Innovative leader with a strong drive to win!