For our Product Line In-Vehicle Networking in Nijmegen, The Netherlands, we are looking for a PRINCIPAL PRODUCT ENGINEER. You will be part of our product development team to deliver the best products to market on time while ensuring our brand's reputation for leadership in total quality at optimal cost. As a Principal Product Engineer, you are the Product Owner with a central position (a spider in the web) in the Project Core Team. You will work together with all disciplines that are needed to design an IC, and you will work with several external disciplines to prepare it for mass production.
• You define and execute the strategy for validation, characterization and industrial manufacturability that meets our strict quality, manufacturability and cost objectives.
• You lead internal project sub-teams and external stakeholders. Plan and track your planning and align these with the overall project planning.
• You are an excellent team player and communicator: you flag and communicate issues within and outside PE discipline early, clearly and effectively and take the next step by thinking in solutions. You work intensively with the project team and work together to drive changes, showing leadership across functions to deliver a result on time, at optimal quality and cost.
• You are analytical, fact-based, data-driven, and cross-check statements with evidence. You deliver on commitment.
• You understand and live the "Automotive Mindset". You make and understand the value of delivering zero defects and zero incident product performance.
• You steer the vision of product quality by implementing the best zero-defect screening methods and by continually searching for better screening techniques that meet the increasing market demand
The position offers excellent growth opportunities within the functional discipline itself by leading larger (sub)teams, or to become a specialist and take the lead in more in-depth research or as a consultant providing guidelines for working methods within PE. Moreover, your central position gives you excellent opportunities growing into other directions within semiconductors.
• MSc in Electrical Engineering with experience in IC design or Product- Test Engineering in Product Development
• Good understanding of electronic circuits, risk assessment, competent in human dynamics
• Strong analytical skills; Interest and ability to investigate and solve complex cases
• Excellent communication skills, able to build relationships and influence others with clear information to deliver a result.
• Proactive attitude to get things done, able to operate on own initiative where required.
• This role will require occasional limited travel to overseas locations.
• > 5 years experience in the semiconductor industry